Are you a seasoned, experienced PHP Web Developer? A rare and truly exciting opportunity has arisen
for an expert PHP developer to join our small, dynamic, fast-moving digital marketing/software development
team based within the beautiful rural village of Bollington, Cheshire. Working primarily within the financial
services sector, we are an international lead generation firm who drive significant traffic to our
brands via Google, Facebook and other popular platforms.
We use clever, sophisticated tech to manage every aspect of our business, all of which is collaboratively
designed and crafted in house by our awesome team of software developers.
We are looking for a sharp, talented, highly motivated individual to join us. The ideal candidate must
be capable of turning projects around skilfully and efficiently, but perhaps more importantly, able to
contribute ideas at every level, throughout the development process.
- Competent PHP programmer
- Educated to Degree level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to time keep, work independently and as part of a team
- Genuine passion and enthusiasm for web technologies
- Experience with MySQL / MariaDB
- Experience of source code control (e.g. Git / SVN)
- Experience of design patterns (e.g. MVC)
- Experience of frameworks (both PHP and HTML5 based)
- An interest in mobile development
- Educated to Masters level or hold other professional technical accreditations
The position will provide exposure to all aspects of the business, where your opinion and input will have a significant impact.
Successful candidates will be responsible for developing and maintaining our websites, in-house
backend systems and other bespoke applications, in addition to implementing APIs, working with
other team members to build new innovative products and services for both desktop and mobile.
2019 is an exciting year for us, we have a number of major new products we are looking to launch
which will require brand new, bespoke front and backend systems to be built in order to achieve
this. The successful candidate will hit the ground running, have the opportunity to get deeply
involved and ultimately take ownership of various projects.
of projects across a number of products, using where possible new and upcoming technologies, devices
and platforms to develop cutting edge web and mobile applications.
Self-motivation, a keen interest to learn and timekeeping will all play a vital role in the work you
do, and through your innovative approach to problem-solving, you will influence the technologies and
direction the business takes throughout.
Please ensure that you include descriptions of your previous experience in your application. Links
to work viewable online would be advantageous but is not required.
What We Offer
- Fun, super interesting work environment.
- Housed within a super cool custom-built tech-centric new office.
- Career progression (our last graduate recruit is now a director!).
- Continual support and training.
- Office target-based bonuses.
- Frequent team days/nights out (at least 1 per quarter).
- Free tea/coffee/soft drinks and snacks.
- The occasional Domino's pizza and beers on a Friday!